Saturday, October 17, 2009

Scott has had his Fall Break this past couple of days. He has been sick both days. Today he had a fever and felt really bad most of the day. Even though he has been out of commission, I have been able to get a lot of work done. It helps just to have someone around to watch after the girls. Hannah will play with her toys, her jumper, or just sit in her bouncy seat for quite some time happily. And Sydney will run around and entertain herself for quite awhile too. So between that happening and Dora being on, I was able to leave the girls with Scott and get some work done. I went up in the attic and organized a lot of stuff. Now I have even more room to store stuff I should probably just get rid of!

Scott's friend Justin is supposed to come visit us this weekend. I hope Scott is feeling a lot better by tomorrow. Scott also has to move Hannah's crib into her own room because it is time for her to move out of our bedroom. She has slipped into the night owl pattern and I have to get her out of that. I tried the cry it out method a couple of nights, but that didn't work when she was in our bedroom and Scott needed to go to bed. I am hoping for a smooth transition and better sleep for all of us.

We are also going to switch Sydney up to a big girl bed. She hikes her leg up on her crib and I worry that she is going to hurt herself when she is monkeying around. I realize that this will be a huge undertaking because I can just imagine what she will be like without the bars of the crib containing her during naptime or bedtime. It has to be done though. She is getting so big.

Both girls have well child doctor appointments on Monday. Hannah has her 4 month check and Sydney has her 2 year check. I will post some stats after the visit. I predict that Sydney is 26ish pounds and Hannah is 17lbs. It seems to me like Sydney was a lot taller than Hannah, but both girls were in the 97th percentile for height at their 2 month checks. I am eager to see the results. I think Hannah has to get more shots this time, but Sydney doesn't have to. I am going to ask the doctor about flu shots for Sydney and I (Hannah is too young). I want to see if she suggests that we get one. I worry because Scott is around so many kids every day at school.

I am very excited about Sydney's birthday party this weekend. There are already several people who came last year that can't come this year, but it will still be awesome. Also, last year I know I wore shorts and it was a beautiful warm day. I don't think that will be the case this year.
I think Sydney will have a wonderful day because she loves it when we have company and then you throw in a Dora cake and ice cream--she is in heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how Sydney does with the big girl bed! Derek and I were just talking about moving Elijah to his big boy bed for the exact reason! I love the crib because it keeps him from roaming around his room but he is about ready to jump out anytime!
    Also, I hope Scott feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete