Monday, November 30, 2009

Part of My Heart














My beloved Uncle Gene passed away last week. I am saddened beyond words and I pray for his kids, Pam, and my parents. Gene was not only my Dad's brother, but also his best friend. There was absolutely nothing Gene wouldn't do for Pam or his family, myself included. I don't doubt my father for one second when he told me that part of his heart was also buried that day with my Uncle Gene. I think what I will miss the most is the story telling. I could sit for hours (and have) and listen to Gene and the rest of the family just talking. He was a wonderful man that I loved very much and I will miss him for the rest of my life.
Hannah was baptized Saturday night in a beautiful ceremony. Afterwards we had a dinner at our house to celebrate. Scott and I are so fortunate to have two beautiful healthy children and a wonderful supportive family.
I want to take a moment to thank my beautiful and wonderful aunts (and Alice, Shirley, and MaryLee)for what they have done for my family. I will never forget and always be grateful for the work they did for the dinner after the funeral. Thank you so much for creating a meal to honor Gene. I love you guys and I KNOW that I have the best aunts in the world.
When I got up on Sunday, I checked on Luke's Mom's caring bridge site. Here I found that Beth has developed an infection and had to have emergency surgery on Thanksgiving Day and has been told that more surgery is required in the future. Please pray for Luke and Beth as they keep having one thing after the other happen to them. Thank Goodness that baby Marshall is breathing fine and now home from the hospital.









No comments:

Post a Comment